Whitley Community Development Association will be running a two-day Skills for Working With Communities Course. The course will be in Whitley organised by Whitley people and run by one of the countries leading Community Development practitioners (and a Whitley resident). Everyone is invited and the course is free.
Are you currently working with communities or planning to in the future? Would you like to develop practical skills in engaging with and working effectively with local communities? Come and join us for the FREE two day.
Wednesday, 6th of November 2019 & Wednesday, 13th of November 2019
Whitley Community Café
252 Northumberland Ave
Please contact: 0118 374 0052 to book a place or fill out the form below.
At the end of the course you will:
- Be aware of the purpose and values of a Community Development approach
- Identifywaysinwhichtopromoteandsupportthe participation of individuals and communities, particularly the marginalised/excluded
- Understand how to work with people in communities to plan for change and take collective action
- Be aware of the importance of developing working relationships and networks with and within communities and organisations
- Have opportunities to continue to share and reflect on practice